A 7 day meal prep for a liquid diet is dependent on which type of liquid diet you chose and your diet goals. Those on a liquid diet for medical related issues, like an upcoming surgical treatment or a digestive ailment. May have different restrictions than those on a liquid diet for losing weight. This is important when looking for liquid diet recipes.
Individuals on a liquidised diet need to be under the care of a physician to ensure adequate nutrients are included. Talk with your physician for a customized liquid diet meal plan.
Clear Liquid vs. Full Liquid
Based on your reasons to eat only liquids, you might need to use a clear liquid or full liquid diet. A study completed by Stanford College, a clear liquid diet consists of foods that are liquid at room temperature. Also, foods that are clear and transparent. You should not participate in a clear liquid diet for longer than 3 to 5 days and under the supervision of a physician.
A complete liquid diet is much less limiting and consists of all of the foods included in the clear liquid diet, plus foods that are milk based, pureed and creamed.
Breakfast Choices for Liquidised Diet
While on a clear liquid diet, you can begin your morning with an orange juice with no pulp. Supplemental drinks, like Ensure or Boost, make liquid drinks that are permitted on a clear liquid diet and also aid in supplying nutrients that are missing from some liquid foods by adding calories and proteins. Coffee and Tea, without creamer or milk, are also permitted on this diet.
For a perfect liquid diet, you might be allowed to eat cereal like oat meal, cream of wheat or rice, make sure you thin it down with some extra milk. Milk as well as liquid dietary supplements are included on this diet as well.
You can add different types of cereals and juices on your 7 day liquid diet meal plan. Additionally, you may have healthy fruit smoothies with yogurt and also skinless and seedless fruits. If additional calories are required, add honey or maple syrup to add a bit of sweetness to your cereal or smoothie. Some butter melted on the cereal will do the trick as well. Looking for a more natural way to lose weight, elevate your mood and get rid of the flu? Check out our Homemade Organic Elderberry Syrup Jar (16 oz).
Lunch and Dinner Liquid Diet
Clear broth is the most common lunch and dinner picks for a clear liquid diet recipe. Sports drinks such as Gatorade, clear jello as well as plain ice pops are also popular choices for meals.
On a complete liquid diet, soup is a good choice for lunch and dinner, you may need to blend it but the yummy taste should remain. Keep in mind that after blending your soup a quick strain will remove any chunks. Additional protein may be added by using protein powder or adding a meal replacement drink. Enjoy your soup with a glass of fruit or vegetable juice or milk and even some tea.
Snacks and Desserts
You can only handle so much liquid food until you need to have a snack along with your meal. This is specially true if your goal is not weight loss. Milkshakes, whipped cream, ice cream, sherbet, pudding and fruit juice are some of the allowed snacks on a liquid diet.
Things to Consider
Liquid diets used for weight-loss might in a very small amount calories, usually less than 800 calories. It’s important to know the pros and cons of liquid diets. Although they can help with quick weight loss, individuals usually have a tough time keeping that weight loss once they resume eating normal foods.
Some also have a hard time switching to regular foods and even depend on liquid meal replacement beverages, most of which are not very healthy. When the time comes to add solid foods to the diet, be sure to gradually start to include solid foods to reduce the risk of stomach issues. You can also seek advice from a registered dietitian.
To prevent unwanted gastrointestinal side effects, the use of lactase supplement is recommended if you are lactose intolerant. Try to avoid dairy but if you must, the supplements are known to be a good preventative measure.
Always talk to your physician or a dietitian to be certain your diet consists of all the daily required nutrients. Health conditions such as high blood pressure, kidney disease, heart problems, diabetes can be worsened by liquidised diets. If you plan to remain on the liquid diet for more than 5 days, you may be required to take additional daily supplements to meet the daily required nutrients.
More Liquid Diet Recipes
- A mix of skim milk, whey, banana and ice mixed using a blender is the easiest recipes for liquid diets.
- Blend yogurt, your favorite fruit and a couple pieces of ice for a tasty fruit smoothie.
- Blend one cup of oatmeal, cup of berries, 2 cups of skim milk, a banana. Along with 1 tsp of flaxseed oil, some nuts, a few pieces of ice and some protein powder just enough to make a nice textured smoothie.
- Combine 1 cup Ensure or similar, a cup carbonated clear soda, 1 pint vanilla ice cream, a banana, 1/2 to 1 cup of water last but not least, 5 table spoons of peanut butter.
- Here is a yummy peanut butter share liquid diet recipe for kids (serves 4).
- This delicious weight loss liquid diet recipe uses maple syrup. Take 2 tablespoons of organic maple syrup. Now add 2 table spoons of lemon juice, a pinch of cayenne pepper powder and mix in approximately 10 ounces of water.
- A mix of a 1/4 teaspoon of wheat germ oil, a 1/4 teaspoon of flaxseed oil, cup of plain yogurt, reduced fat vanilla soy milk, orange juice and cranberry juice is one of my favorite liquid diet recipes for weight loss. It is frequently referred to as Hollywood Diet Recipe.
- Another free liquid diet recipe is veggie froth. With tomatoes, carrots, peas, cabbage, broccoli a little lemon juice and a few spices. This one is very useful if you are looking for a weight loss liquidised diet recipes.